Online applications beyond the December application deadline will be considered until all available places are filled.
Once the Sixth Form has offered all available places, a waiting list will be held.
In recent years, the ICC Sixth Form has been oversubscribed. A waiting list for admission will be held through September for the year of entry*.
Online applicants will only be contacted if full-time places become available.
Applicants will only be contacted for interview if full-time places become available.
*We reserve the right to close the waiting list earlier if there is significant demand.
Should Sixth Form reach capacity, ‘in year applications' will not be accepted.
Should the maximum number of students not be reached, then in year admissions will be considered, determined in accordance with the following criteria set out in order below:
- Student previously attended Year 11 at Ifield Community College and completed an application in accordance with college deadlines – availability on chosen courses
- Student previously attended Year 11 at Ifield Community College - Availability on chosen courses
- Looked after children, in accordance with section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989 or previously looked after children who are now subject to a residence order, special guardianship order or adoption order
- Students average GCSE point score
- Straight line proximity of a student’s home to Ifield Community College Sixth Form, with those living nearer being accorded priority
Where an application for admission is refused, upon appeal, ICC will organise an Admissions Appeal Panel to consider the initial decision. Applications to appeal should be made in writing to Mr Ward, Director of Sixth Form. The Panel will be convened within 30 days of the formal request. The panel’s decision is final. Applicants may only re-appeal during the current academic year if there is a significant change of circumstances.
Inspire, support, succeed